B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering
2023, Department of Chemical Engineering, BUET.
M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering (In progress)
Department of Chemical Engineering, BUET.
Photocatalyst, Nanocomposite and Environment,
Pollution: Modeling and Machine Learning (Air and Water)
Waste, Energy and Sustainability
Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed)
- Dihan, M.R., Nayeem, S.M.A., Roy, H., Islam, M.S., Islam, A., Alsukaibi, A. K. D., Awual, M., R., 2023. Healthcare waste in Bangladesh: Current status, the impact of Covid-19 and sustainable management with life cycle and circular economy framework, Science of The Total Environment, 871, 162083. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2023.162083
- Dihan, M. R., Nayeem, S. A., & Choudhury, M. S. (2021). Impact of Trans-Boundary Pollution (PM-2.5) on the Air Quality of Dhaka City in Bangladesh. Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin, 22(1), 114–120. https://doi.org/10.3329/cerb.v22i1.54309
Google Scholar || ResearchGate
Awards and Grant
- ‘RISE Internal Student Research Grant‘, November 2022 by Research and Innovation Centre for Science and Engineering (RISE), BUET.
- ‘Donald F Othmer Sophomore Academic Excellence Award’, October 2021, issued by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
- ‘UGC Merit Scholarship‘, 2023 by University Grant Commission (UGC), Bangladesh.
- ‘National Chem E Car Champion‘, February 2019, issued by the Department of Chemical Engineering and powered by AIChE.
- ‘2nd Runners Up, Student Technical Poster Presentation’, November 2020. AIChE Student Regional Conference, NIT Rourkela, India.
- ‘National Champion-Quiz‘, Gold Medel, Shishu Moushumi Competition, September 2014, Bangladesh Shishu Academy, Bangladesh.
- “1 st Runners Up, Poster Presentation”, Chemical Day 2023, Department of Chemical Engineering, BUET.
- ‘Dean List Scholarship’, 4 consecautive undergrad sessions, from 2017-2018 to 2020-2021, ChE, BUET.
- ‘University Merit List’, in all 8 semesters, from 2017-2018 to 2020-2021, ChE, BUET.
- 1st runner up, Dhaka Divisional stage, Shishu Moushumi Competition, September 2012, Bangladesh Shishu Academy, Bangladesh.
- Two consecutive winning (2013 both in upazilla and district level, 2011, upazilla) on essay writing, National Electricity Week, Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources, Bangladesh.
Thesis and Capstone Project
Fabrication of Sustainable Photo Active rGO-TiO2-g C3N4 Nanocomposite Immobilized Chitosan Beads: Characteristics, Performance and Recyclability
Musfekur Rahman, S. M. Abu Nayeem, Dr. Md. Shahinoor Islam
A Design of 1 Million MTPY of Clinker and 0.8 Million MTPY of Portland Limestone Cement (PLC) Production with Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Technology Producing 270 TPD Liquid CO2
Musfekur Rahman, S. M. Abu Nayeem, Md. Abu Hasnat Sajib, Majidur Rahman, Dr. Kawnish Kirtania