Contact no: 01780664358
Office: Room 156 (A), DChE, Old Academic Building, BUET, Dhaka-1000.
B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET)
Biomaterials and Environmental Engineering
- Suhan, M.B.K., S.B. Shuchi, M.R. Al-Mamun, H. Roy, and M.S. Islam, Enhanced UV light-driven photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange using MoO3/WO3-fluorinated TiO2 nanocomposites. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 2023. 19: p. 100768.
- Roy, H., D. Sarkar, M. Pervez, S. Paul, Y. Cai, V. Naddeo, S.H. Firoz, and M. Islam, Synthesis, Characterization and Performance Evaluation of Burmese Grape (Baccaurea ramiflora) Seed Biochar for Sustainable Wastewater Treatment. Water, 2023. 15(3): p. 394.
- Rahman, T.U., H. Roy, M.R. Islam, M. Tahmid, A. Fariha, A. Mazumder, N. Tasnim, M.N. Pervez, Y. Cai, and V. Naddeo, The Advancement in Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Technology toward Sustainable Industrial Wastewater Management. Membranes, 2023. 13(2): p. 181.
- Zaman, A.B., A. Rahman, I. Mahmud, H. Roy, S. Hoque, J. Uddin, and M. Rahman, Vermicomposting of solid textile sludge spiked with cow dung by epigeic earthworm Eisenia fetida in variable population density. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 2023. n/a(n/a): p. e14136. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.14136
- Pasha, A.F., M.A. Ali, H. Roy, and M.M. Rahman, Designing a modified Tchar stove and evaluation of its thermal performance. Cleaner Chemical Engineering, 2023. 5: p. 100096.
- Dihan, M.R., S.A. Nayeem, H. Roy, M.S. Islam, A. Islam, A.K. Alsukaibi, and M.R. Awual, Healthcare waste in Bangladesh: Current status, the impact of Covid-19 and sustainable management with life cycle and circular economy framework. Science of The Total Environment, 2023: p. 162083.
- Roy, H., B.N. Roy, M. Hasanuzzaman, M. Islam, A.S. Abdel-Khalik, M.S. Hamad, and S. Ahmed, Global Advancements and Current Challenges of Electric Vehicle Batteries and Their Prospects: A Comprehensive Review. Sustainability, 2022. 14(24): p. 16684.
- Roy, H., T.U. Rahman, M.B.K. Suhan, M.R. Al-Mamun, S. Haque, and M.S. Islam, A comprehensive review on hazardous aspects and management strategies of electronic waste: Bangladesh perspectives. Heliyon, 2022: p. e09802.
- Roy, H., T.R. Prantika, M. Riyad, S. Paul, and M.S. Islam, Synthesis, characterizations, and RSM analysis of Citrus macroptera peel derived biochar for textile dye treatment. South African Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2022. 41: p. 129-139.
- Roy, H., M.S. Islam, S. Haque, and M. Riyad, Electronic waste management scenario in Bangladesh: policies, recommendations, and case study at Dhaka and Chittagong for a sustainable solution. Sustainable Technology and Entrepreneurship, 2022. 1(3): p. 100025.
- Roy, H., M.S. Islam, M.T. Arifin, and S.H. Firoz, Synthesis, Characterization and Sorption Properties of Biochar, Chitosan and ZnO-Based Binary Composites towards a Cationic Dye. Sustainability, 2022. 14(21): p. 14571.
- Roy, H., M.S. Islam, M.T. Arifin, and S.H. Firoz, Chitosan-ZnO decorated Moringa oleifera seed biochar for sequestration of methylene blue: Isotherms, kinetics, and response surface analysis. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 2022. 18: p. 100752.
- Roy, H., S. Barua, T. Ahmed, F. Mehnaz, M.S. Islam, and I.M. Mujtaba, A Sustainable Integration Approach of Chlor-Alkali Industries for the Production of PVC and Clean Fuel Hydrogen: Prospects and Bangladesh Perspectives. Processes, 2022. 10(8): p. 1638.
- Roy, H., S.R. Alam, R. Bin-Masud, T.R. Prantika, M.N. Pervez, M.S. Islam, and V. Naddeo, A Review on Characteristics, Techniques, and Waste-to-Energy Aspects of Municipal Solid Waste Management: Bangladesh Perspective. Sustainability, 2022. 14(16): p. 10265.
- Mahmud, A., M.M. Wasif, H. Roy, F. Mehnaz, T. Ahmed, M. Pervez, V. Naddeo, and M. Islam, Aquatic Microplastic Pollution Control Strategies: Sustainable Degradation Techniques, Resource Recovery, and Recommendations for Bangladesh. Water, 2022. 14(23): p. 3968.
- Jahan, N., M. Tahmid, A.Z. Shoronika, A. Fariha, H. Roy, M.N. Pervez, Y. Cai, V. Naddeo, and M.S. Islam, A Comprehensive Review on the Sustainable Treatment of Textile Wastewater: Zero Liquid Discharge and Resource Recovery Perspectives. Sustainability, 2022. 14(22): p. 15398.
- Jahan, N., H. Roy, A.H. Reaz, S. Arshi, E. Rahman, S.H. Firoz, and M.S. Islam, A comparative study on sorption behavior of graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide towards methylene blue. Case Studies in Chemical and Environmental Engineering, 2022. 6: p. 100239.
- Islam, M.S., H. Roy, and S. Afrose, Phosphoric acid surface modified Moringa oleifera leaves biochar for the sequestration of methyl orange from aqueous solution: Characterizations, isotherm, and kinetics analysis. Remediation Journal, 2022. 32(4): p. 281-298.
- Islam, A., H. Roy, and M.M. Rahman, Energy efficiency study of household natural gas burner using pot-bottom shield and modified pot arrangement. Energy Reports, 2022. 8: p. 12871-12885.
- Hossain, O., E. Rahman, H. Roy, M.S. Azam, and S. Ahmed, Synthesis, characterization, and comparative assessment of antimicrobial properties and cytotoxicity of graphene‐, silver‐, and zinc‐based nanomaterials. Analytical Science Advances, 2022. 3(1-2): p. 54-63.
- Motiur Rahman, M., A. Hasan Howlader, E. Rahman, H. Roy, M. Mozammal Hosen, M.M. Rahman, S.D. Sarkar, C.K. Roy, A. Bin Imran, and S.H. Firoz, Development of functionalized nanocrystalline cellulose-based polyelectrolytes with high water uptake. Polymer Journal, 2021. 53(8): p. 913-921.
- Hossain, M.A., C.K. Roy, S.D. Sarkar, H. Roy, A.H. Howlader, and S.H. Firoz, Improvement of the strength of poly (acrylic acid) hydrogels by the incorporation of functionally modified nanocrystalline Cellulose. Materials Advances, 2020.
- Roy, H., R. Shakil, Y.A. Tarek, and S.H. Firoz, Study of the removal of basic blue-41 from simulated wastewater by activated carbon prepared from discarded jute fibre. ECS Transactions, 2022. 107(1): p. 8407.
- Roy, H., M.M. Rahman, Y.A. Tarek, and S.H. Firoz, Encapsulation of Industrial Cationic Pollutants from Aqueous Solution by Nanocrystalline Cellulose and It’s Modified Forms. Kyushu University Library, 2021.
- Tarek, Y.A., A.H. Reaz, R. Shakil, H. Roy, R.A. Jahan, C.K. Roy, and S.H. Firoz. One-Step Gel Formation Method for the Synthesis of NiO-Mn X O Y Mixed Oxide Nanomaterials as a Prospective Supercapacitor Material. in 2020 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Industry 4.0 (STI). 2020. IEEE.
- Rahman, E., H. Roy, S. Ahmed, and S.H. Firoz. The seed of Burmese grape (BACCAUREA RAMIFLORA) as low cost bio-adsorbent for removal of methylene blue from wastewater. in International Conference on Civil Engineering for sustainable Development. 2020.