It is with great pleasure that the Department of Chemical Engineering is announcing the appointment of Dr. M . Sam Mannan, Director of Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center of Texas A & M University as the First Holder of “M A Naser Chair”. The Chair is established by the BUET Chemical Engineering Alumni Association (ChEAA) at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka.
The launching of the M A Naser Chair will be held on 26 December, 2015. A number of activities will be undertaken by Dr. Mannan during his tenure.
Timeline of Major activities of M A Naser Chair 2015
- Launching ceremony: 9:30 am 26 December, 2015 at Seminar Room, Council Building, BUET
- Industrial Safety Course: From 21 December, 2015 to 7 January, 2016 at the Dept of Chemical Engineering, BUET (Participants: ChE, ME, MME, IPE graduates of BUET and other universities)
- Lecture and presentation for Undergraduate students on “Opportunities for Engineering Graduates” on 22 December, 2015 at 3 pm at Civil Seminar Room (Participants: Final year students and fresh graduates of all department of BUET)
- Two short courses/workshops: (Participants: Design and manufacturing engineers, safety personnel/practitioners and chemists from Academia and Industry)
- Seminar and round table on “Safety programs for Garments Industry”: 2 January, 2016, IEB Council Room (Participants: Representatives from RMG sector)
- Lecture for Engineering Faculty members on “Curriculum development to address the changing nature of the engineering profession”: Date, time and venue to be announced soon (Participants: Faculty members of Engineering departments of BUET and other universities ).
- Workshop on “Chemical Safety and Security” at Armed Forces Division, Dhaka Cantonment: Wednesday, 6 January, 2016
Feel free to contact the undersigned/department office for further information.
Dr. Syeda Sultana Razia
Department of Chemical Engineering,
|Head of the Department
Dr. M A A Shoukat Choudhury
Department of Chemical Engineering, BUET
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org